Los Angeles, CA – Drum legend Terry Bozzio is known for his work with Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Korn, UK, Missing Persons, Mick Jagger, Robbie Robertson, Alan Holdsworth, Tony Levin, Steve Vai, Quincy Jones, Ken Scott, Metropole Orkest - as well as Film score composers Basil Poledouris, Mark Isham & Patrick O'Hearn. He is a Grammy Winner, RockWalk Honoree, Modern Drummer Magazine's Hall of Fame Award, & is in Rolling Stone's Top 5 Drummers of All Time! (See more at www.terrybozzio.com)
Unless you have seen Terry, you have no idea what you are in for. Bozzio is an enigmatic, evocative, and engaging musician whose instrument just happens to be the drums. Terry Bozzio is able to accompany himself with bass note patterns and, at the same time, melodically solo with highly developed coordination skills to express a “complete musical statement” on the drum set alone. Drawing from jazz, classical, & ethnic percussion styles from around the world, Terry Bozzio is “a storyteller,” able to weave a hypnotic spell over audiences and enthrall them with an eclectic experience filled with emotion, contrast, variety, intimacy, excitement, & passion.
His is a unique, intense, dynamic, spiritualistic, melodic, orchestral, atmospheric, and musical performance on the largest tuned drum & percussion set in the world. Please note that this is not a bombastic 2 hour drum solo. This is MUSIC on drums. There is space, classical forms & structures, ambient electronic loops, and atmospheric percussion effects, as well as some exciting & fiery drumming that brings audiences to their feet!
He has spent the last 30 years performing Solo Drum Music for Sold Out Audiences all Around the World, from India to Japan, from Europe to North America.
Terry's Latest Releases include: (Available at www.terrybozzio.com)
1) Simple Moments (Bozzio's Compositions)
2) Terry Bozzio's “Reality” (Terry recorded real drums alone in studio with sections, solos, breaks & structures made up on the spot, then recorded & overdubbed all the rest of the music by himself.)
3) “No Work-No Food” (Terry composed & recorded music to 22 poems in spoken word of his poet friend Todd Griese (Gandy Dancer Press)
4) “Composer Series” (59 Musical Compositions with a Bozzio’s Painting for Each, in a Vinyl Sized Book including 4 CDs, Blue Ray & Solo Drum Performance DVD) All available from terrybozzio.com
5) “History of Terry Bozzio” DVD (A 3 Hour Live Performance of Terry playing tunes he has played from some favorite bands of the past. With an All Star Japanese Band Terry revisits the Best of Zappa, Beck, UK, Missing Persons, Bozzio Levin Stevens, Nine Short Films w/Billy Sheehan, his Composer Series & a Solo Drum Performance! (set to be released March 2018)
-In addition Bozzio has been creating Art Works since 1975.
He explains, “I first got interested in Art & Sketching at the encouragement of renowned artist Don Van Vliet (aka: Captain Beefheart) who I played with on my first Zappa/Mothers of Invention tour in 1975. He was very encouraging. 2013, I released my first project called Rhythm & Sketch in collaboration with the art group Scene Four. It's been successful & inspired me to do more. (available at www.terrybozzioart.com & www.terrybozzio.com)
“In 2017, I did my first Gallery Show at Channel Islands Studios. I displayed 30 works from 1975 to the present day (Art available at: www.terrybozzio.com). I have used my Art Works as Stage Sets for my tours for years now, & will have New Works on this tour.
“I want to expand the potential of musical drumming. The drum set is a unique American invention that deserves more than it’s usual role of merely timekeeping.”
Tickets - $40.00 [$55.00 @ the door]